Skip to content
Do you know when to use ache, hurt and pain?
- He’s got toothache/ headache.
- Does it hurt?
- It hurts when someone admonishes you in front of others.
- Was he in pain?
Now take the test. Please post your answers.
Fill in the gaps with ache, pain or hurt.
- The toddler fell down and ______ himself.
- Are you ______?
- Are you in ______?
- The customer is a real ______ in the neck.
- I didn’t think my heart would ______ so much after we split.
- When you’ve got flu, you ______ all over.
- No ______ no gain.
- Women have a higher ______ threshold than men.
- A little hard work never ______ anyone.
- Don’t mention her weight or you’ll ______her feelings.