HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO LAST WEEK’S QUIZ ON OPPOSITES.
1. Denied. He denied telling lies in his original statement.
2. Simplified. He simplified matters by rewriting the original proposal.
3. Demolished. The apartment blocks they demolished were the ugliest in the city.
4. Deteriorated. Relations between the two countries have deteriorated considerably in the last year.
5. Abandoned. They abandoned their plans to open a restaurant in their city.
6. Detrimental or Harmful.
His policies were detrimental to the economy as a whole.
7. Clear. The meaning of his words was very clear.
8. Flexible. The laws protecting the green belt around the city are very flexible.
9. Crude. The device is very crude.
10. Reluctant. A lot of students are reluctant to attend classes on Saturday.